The World’s Best Cities for Five Star Luxury
The only thing better than travelling the world is travelling the world in the lap of luxury. When you’re spending your days exploring a new city, you need a luxury hotel to spend your nights so you can get a five-star sleep.
So, if you’re looking for the destination of your next lavish holiday, where is the best city to find luxury and where can you get it for the lowest prices?
The Cities with the Most five-star Hotels
Looking at the most visited cities in the world, we collected information to find out which city has the most five-star hotels as a percentage of their total hotels.
Abu Dhabi, one of the most luxurious cities in the world, takes the top spot, with more than 32% of hotels in the city being five-star destinations.
- Abu Dhabi, UAE – 32.19% five-star hotels
- Shenzhen, China – 23.61% five-star hotels
- Beijing, China – 21.88% five-star hotels
- Shanghai, China – 21.11% five-star hotels
- Zhuhai, China – 20.63% five-star hotels
- Mecca, Saudi Arabia – 20.48% five-star hotels
- Singapore – 15.89% five-star hotels
- Guangzhou, China – 13.05% five-star hotels
- Guilin, China – 12.50% five-star hotels
- Vancouver, Canada – 12.41% five-star hotels
The Cities where You can Find Luxury for the Lowest Prices
Thankfully, you don’t always have to spend exorbitant amounts to get the five-star treatment, especially if you’re staying in one of the below ten cities.
Looking at the average cost of staying the night in a five-star hotel, we can see that some cities offer luxury at low prices, with India’s city of Chennai costing an average of just £34 per night.
- Chennai, India – £34 per night
- Johor Bahru, Malaysia – £41 per night
- Bangalore, India – £41 per night
- Agra, India – £42 per night
- Kolkatta, India – £50 per night
- New Delhi, India – £50 per night
- Mumbai, India – £52 per night
- Jaipur, India – £56 per night
- Phuket, Thailand – £57 per night
- Cebu, Philippines – £57 per night
The Cheapest 5 Star Stays in Europe
If you’re looking for a European getaway, Greece’s island city of Heraklion offers the cheapest 5-star prices, with an average cost of £79 for one night in luxury.
With low prices and plenty of sunshine, many of these top 10 cities offer the perfect destination for a luxurious summer break.
We took our list of cities from Euromonitor’s Top 100 City Destinations, omitting five cities due to lack of data. We then used Booking.com to find out how many hotels there are in each city, and of those how many are five-star hotels. This site also gave us the average costs per room of a night in a five-star hotel in each city.