Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the room
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Kid meals (additional charge)
- Room service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Airport shuttle
- Family rooms
- Safety deposit box
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Luggage storage
- Concierge service
- Private check-in/check-out
- Invoice provided
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor pool (all year)
- Outdoor pool (seasonal)
- Spa and wellness centre (additional charge)
- Massage (additional charge)
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Daily housekeeping
Entertainment and family services
- Board games/puzzles
- Street parking
- Public transport tickets (additional charge)
- Airport pick up (additional charge)
- Airport drop off (additional charge)
Pool and wellness
- Pool with view
- Heated pool
- Shallow end
- Pool cover
- Sun loungers or beach chairs
- 24-hour security
- Smoke alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Breakfast takeaway containers
- Face masks for guests available
The Bay of Many Coves Resort is an exclusive five-star resort located in the mesmerizing Marlborough Sounds. Due to its secluded location, the resort is only reachable by water taxi. There are eleven splendid suites overlooking the cove where you can enjoy the beautiful New Zealand sunsets from the comfort of your own private balcony while enjoying a taste of the menu of the resort’s impeccable fine dining restaurant.
The beauty of the remote location of Bay of Many Coves Resort is that you have the best of both worlds – you can choose to spend a relaxing day at some of its luxury facilities, or, for those who are seeking a little adrenaline rush, book a wildlife or safari tour and let the adventure begin.
There are two ways you can reach the resort: either by taking a water taxi from Picton Harbour that won’t take longer than half an hour or by taking a helicopter ride from Wellington. Both trips promise a fun start to your delightful adventure, and even some special dolphin or fur seal sightings.
Style and Character
With warm earthy colors and wooden furnishings, the resort’s style complements the surrounding nature and fits right in the enchanting bay and woodland scenery. The right amount of modern touches spice up the décor, resulting in a truly unique blend of pastoral and contemporary.
All the suites have incredible views of the surrounding nature and water – the quintessential New Zealand scenery. Since it’s in such a secluded location, the resort is the right choice for anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and switch it out for the sounds of birds and nature. It’s the perfect place for nature therapy, with the right balance of exhilarating adventures and downtime.
Services and Facilities
Once you arrive at Bay of Many Coves Resort, you’ll be taken care of right from the get-go. The incredibly friendly staff will already be there to welcome you and fulfill your every need during your stay.
The resort contains a spa that offers calming services, while the pool allows you to get in your daily exercise. Alternatively, you can opt for taking a walk around the resort and witnessing the amazing New Zealand nature first-hand. If you’re feeling like participating in an outdoor activity, you can book paddle-boarding, the Marlborough wine tour, birdwatching, diving day trips, sailing, and bush walks.
Depending on how many people you’re staying with, you can choose between a one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom apartment. There are a total of 11 suites at the property, designed around warm wooden decor that compliments the natural environment. All them are en-suite and they come with private balconies, facilities like a kitchenette, flat-screen TV, electric blankets, games, and DVDs.
Bright and airy, the suites warmly welcome families without sacrificing on space. Wrapped in beautiful and silky linens, the king-sized beds provide comfort after a long day of sightseeing. The various entertainment systems and complimentary Wi-Fi will keep you entertained throughout your stay.
The most luxurious option at Bay of Many Coves Resort is the two-bedroom Kereru Suite. Tucked deep in the verdant nature that surrounds the resort, the intimacy and seclusion allow for the perfect romantic getaway. The muted color palette, highlighted by the natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows, fits perfectly with the resort’s vibe. Soak in the temperate weather and enjoy the gorgeous view from your own private hot tub located on the spacy spa deck.
Food and Drinks
With fresh seasonal produce and award-winning wines, Bay of Many Coves Resort puts the fine in fine dining. You will taste the best ingredients New Zealand has to offer, and you’ll get to do that while enjoying the stunning views!
There are three restaurants/bars that can be found within the resort. The award-winning Foredeck is best for romantic, candlelight dinners with your significant other. The Kumatage Guest Lounge, the more casual option of the two, is the perfect breakfast and brunch spot for sumptuous meals that are enjoyed with a view. Bright Café, known for its craft beer, is a fun option for anyone who likes to dine outdoors.
Value for Money
Prices vary depending on when you’re visiting the Bay of Many Coves Resort. Bookings during high season tend to cost more than the other months of the year. The one-bedroom apartment will cost you $583 per night, the two-bedroom apartment starts at $720, while the three-bedroom apartment costs around $940 per day.
Bay of Many Coves Resort is ideal for anyone who likes to enjoy earth-friendly and sustainable luxury. Whether you prefer to pamper yourself indoors or you are an adventure junkie who enjoys partaking in tours and activities, a fun time and memorable experiences are guaranteed.
- What popular attractions are located nearby?Marlborough Sounds, the most popular attraction in the area, is only a mile away.
- What room amenities are available at Bay of Many Coves Resort?Some of the room amenities include a private balcony, a comfy king bed, a minibar, a kitchenette, and a flat-screen TV.
- Can I exercise while staying at the Bay of Many Coves Resort?Guests have a pool at their disposal. You can also take hikes around the resort.
- What is Bay of Many Coves Resort most known for?The resort is often praised for its stunning views and its efforts at sustainability.
- Is there a restaurant at the property?There are three dining options at the Bay of Many Coves Resort: Foredeck Restaurant, The Kumatage, and Bright Café.
- Does Bay of Many Coves Resort have a laundry service?Yes, there is a laundry service available.
- Are there tours available?You can take part in plenty of tours while staying at the Bay of Many Coves Resort.
- Is Bay of Many Coves Resort accessible by road?You can arrive at the Bay of Many Coves Resort by a water taxi or a helicopter.
- Is there a beach at the Bay of Many Coves Resort?There is a small beach near the resort that you can visit.
- Where can I find a water taxi?You can find a water taxi at Queen Charlotte Sound.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?All suites at Bay of Many Coves Resort are accessible.
- Are the Rooms at Bay of Many Coves Resort Family-Friendly?While the suites are family-friendly, please keep in mind that children under 14 aren’t allowed in the Foredeck restaurant after 7 pm.
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022