Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the room
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Kid meals
- Room service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Family rooms
- Meeting/banquet facilities (additional charge)
- Business centre
- Fax/photocopying (additional charge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- Currency exchange
- Tour desk
- Luggage storage
- Fitness centre
- Walking tours (additional charge)
- Bike tours (additional charge)
- Tour or class about local culture (additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (additional charge)
- Ironing service (additional charge)
- Trouser press (additional charge)
- Daily housekeeping
Entertainment and family services
- Board games/puzzles
- Parking garage
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Toilet with grab rails
- Higher level toilet
- Lower bathroom sink
- Emergency cord in bathroom
- Outdoor furniture
- 24-hour security
- Key card access
- Smoke alarms
- CCTV in common areas
- Fire extinguishers
Although located in downtown Chicago, Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile brings the best features of France to the US. Its unique French aesthetic is tastefully merged with a contemporary architectural design, leaving no passerby indifferent to its splendid construction. Enjoy a high-ranking location, a myriad of facilities, and delightful pops of French culture.
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile is within a walking distance from the biggest bustling tourist attractions in Chicago – Michigan Avenue, the Art Institute, St. James Chapel, the 360 Chicago Observation Deck, and the Museum of Contemporary Art. With so many places to explore at your fingertips, you don’t have to worry about finding things to fill your itinerary with.
Apart from artsy destinations, there are numerous shopping sights to explore on Michigan Avenue, from Louis Vuitton to Nordstrom. The Chicago French Market is a short walk away from Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, just like some popular restaurants such as Bistronomic and Margeaux Brasserie.
Style and Character
Towering over North Michigan Avenue, this eye-catching skyscraper is built by French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, so you can expect to see refined French touches sprinkled in throughout the 32-floor building. The juxtaposition of traditional local culture and inventive French art de vivre makes for a truly special and memorable stay.
The common areas including the lobby and the restaurants are bright and open, inviting the natural light to emphasize the unique design. The hotel doesn’t have a strict color palette; deep reds and beige fitments decorate the lobby, while the suites have a black-and-white color scheme.
Services and Facilities
The service at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile is rather remarkable. The staff is very detail-oriented and will ensure that you feel as if you’ve been transported to central Paris by welcoming you with standard French greetings. There is a capacious fitness center on the property which allows you to stay on your fitness schedule even while traveling. A business center, meeting rooms, and conference facilities are also available for booking.
Keeping the French art de vivre theme intact, the rooms feature a large and cushy bed with luxury duvet. The sizable en-suite bathrooms interestingly intertwine marble and light wood and offer a large tub, while the large, well-lit mirrors are perfect for impeccable makeup application.
Each of the 415 rooms available for booking come with outstanding views of the city’s famous skyline and some even feature views of Lake Michigan. Coffee and tea are complimentary during breakfast, however, there isn’t a coffee machine in the rooms. A flat-screen TV, blackout curtains, a minibar, and complimentary toiletries are included.
Guests can book a PURE Wellness Room located on the 20th floor that’s hypoallergenic and suitable for anyone with allergies or asthma.
Food and Drink
There are two restaurants on the property of Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile: PRÊT-À-EMPORTER (ready-to-go) and CDA (Chicago-to-go). Offering French cuisine, guests at PRÊT-À-EMPORTER can enjoy a variety of traditional French meals like the Brioche French Toast. CDA, on the other hand, specializes in Mediterranean-inspired cuisine made with the freshest ingredients possible.
Le Bar, a stylish dining and cocktail spot, designed by French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, also brings the taste of the Mediterranean to Chicago. In addition to gems like the Grilled Shrimp Caesar and Assorted Macarons, they serve exotic and scrumptious cocktails.
Value for Money
The rates at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile depend on whether you’re staying at one of their rooms or whether you opt for a suite. The rooms range between $180 and $200 a night, while the suites start from $250 a night for the Junior Suite and $280 a night for the Prestige Suite.
If staying near popular must-see tourist attractions and historic museums, indulging in French cuisine, and waking up to stunning views of Chicago sounds like your cup of tea, then don’t hesitate to book Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile for your next city break in the Windy City.
- What room amenities are available at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Some featured room amenities at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile include a flat-screen TV, air conditioning, and blackout curtains.
- What property amenities are available at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Two in-house restaurants, a bar, and free Wi-Fi are some property amenities that guests at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile can enjoy during their stay.
- Is parking available at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Yes, parking is available for guests at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile.
- Can I exercise at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?There is a fitness center available on the property.
- What cleaning services are available at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Dry cleaning and a laundry service are available for guests at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile.
- Is there a pool at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Unfortunately, Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile doesn’t have a pool.
- Is there a fridge in the rooms of Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Each room and suite comes with a stocked mini-fridge.
- Are all the rooms and suites equipped with an iron?Yes, an iron is available in all rooms and suites on the property.
- What is the minimum check-in age at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?The minimum check-in age at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile is 18 years.
- Are there any smoking rooms at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?No, there aren’t any smoking rooms available at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile.
- Are the bathrooms equipped with a hairdryer?Yes, all bathrooms have a hairdryer.
- Does Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile provide free Wi-Fi?Yes, free Wi-Fi is available for all guests of Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?There is an accessible lift available at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile. Furthermore, a total of 20 rooms are accessible.
- Is Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile Family-friendly?Yes, additional beds and cribs are available for the rooms and suites, making them family-friendly.
- Are Pets Allowed at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile?Yes, pets are allowed at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile.
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022