Food & Drink
- Room service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Family rooms
- Meeting/banquet facilities (additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (additional charge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- Concierge service
- Fitness centre
- Massage (additional charge)
- Evening entertainment
Entertainment and family services
- Babysitting/child services (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (additional charge)
- Ironing service (additional charge)
- Trouser press (additional charge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Parking garage
- Wheelchair accessible
- Toilet with grab rails
- Lower bathroom sink
- Visual aids: Braille
- 24-hour security
- Key card access
- Security alarm
- Smoke alarms
- CCTV outside property
Located at the heart of Manhattan, Soho Grand Hotel promises an unforgettable experience. The classic American glamour, paired with impeccable service and excellent cuisine prove that this hotel lives up to the hype. The stylish room at the hotel feature wall coverings designed by Saul Steinberg, Tivoli radios, and Ellen Gray desk chair.
The Soho Grand Hotel NYC is located on the southern edge of Soho, just steps away from some of the most famous locations in the city – the Sixth Avenue and the Tribeca Neighbourhood. Guests can expect numerous vibrant clubs and plenty of restaurants and shopping malls including the Soho Mall and Madison Square Garden.
Just a short walk down the street and you’ll have access to the A, C, and E trains if you feel inclined to experience the city via public transport. In Soho, you can always grab a taxi and head downtown where you can visit the Washington Square Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, or the One World Trade Centre.
Style and Character
This hotel brings guests back in time to the most important periods in the history of this vibrant neighborhood – the Glided Age. This was during the exciting 1970s when some of the most beautiful mansions in the area were built and Soho saw the rise of pop art and minimalism – two of the most prominent artistic movements of the 20th century.
Designed by Bill Sofield, who’s also designed the retail boutiques for Yves St. Laurent, Gucci, and Tom Ford, this hotel dazzles guests from the moment they enter the building. To achieve the authentic Soho industrial look, Bill Sofield went for magnificent masonry columns, concrete floors, and cast-iron detailing.
Art is the focal point of this hotel, and it gazes at you in every corridor – from the dramatic drawings of Joseph Stashkevetch in the hotel’s lobby to a photography collection of the famed photographer Terry O’Neill in the decadent Club Room. A glass-bottled staircase sets the stage as you enter the lobby, and as you proceed to the Lounge, you’ll find yourself in a space defined by hand-painted ceilings, warm wood, and green-leather sofas.
The staff at Soho Grand Hotel is warm and attentive, hoping to make every guest feel at home. Guests can enjoy a scrumptious meal at the Soho Diner, a 24-hour eatery where you can find American classics for breakfast, brunch, and dinner. At night, this delicately designed restaurant transforms into a fun and friendly area where classic cocktails can be seen in the hand of every guest.
Soho Grand’s Club Room blends Downtown style with disco frenzy. The bar is wrapped in art-deco style peacock wallpapers, while the dancefloor is always packed with a friendly crowd swaying to the groovy beats from the guest DJs. Those who feel nostalgia for the old-style New York bars can go back in time at the Grand Bar Lounge which serves a rare selection of American whiskeys. The hotel welcomes dog owners and offers 24-room service, parking space, and free bike rentals.
The rooms at the hotel provide guests with an unrivaled view of Downtown Manhattan. They are more than comfortable and every detail is polished to perfection – from the original artworks provided by the Howard Greenberg Gallery and the Eileen Gray desk chairs to the elegant wallpapers designed by the famed Saul Steinberg.
Rooms range from deluxe rooms to grand corner terrace suites. The large windows, Tivoli radios, and old-style minibars are all there to remind guests that they are indeed at the heart of Manhattan. Expect seductively comfortable rooms with Egyptian cotton bedding, industrial-inspired furnishings, and luxury amenities.
Several rooms on the higher floors feature 600-square foot terraces with stunning views of New York.
Food and Drink
The buzzing Soho Diner serves American classics during the whole day. The diner is practically packed at cocktail hour, delighting in a fine drink on the wood-and-leather sofas while enjoying the street view. We recommend the wild mushroom omelet with black diamond cheddar before you take off for a walk in Downtown Manhattan.
Renowned mixologists Natasha Davis and Jeremy Oertel prepare great cocktails at the Grand Bar and Lounge. This is the perfect spot for an intimate encounter or a short respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. Those who want to feel the charm of the NY nightlife can hit the dancefloor at the Soho Grand Hotel’s Club Room.
In the morning, cocktails and local dishes can be enjoyed amid the tropical decor of Gilligan’s terrace.
Soho Grand Hotel is regularly visited by artists and big-time Hollywood stars – regulars include Britney Spears and Dave Chapelle. Lou Reed was also frequently seen at the bar while he lived in New York. Guests can regularly spot paparazzi waiting for the frequent red-carpet guests to leave the hotel, guests such as George Clooney, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kirsten Dunst.
Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simson, and Reese Witherspoon are also frequently spotted at the Soho Grand Hotel.
Value for Money
Double rooms start at $247 and can go up to $593. Breakfast is not included in the price, but Wi-fi is.
- Who owns Soho Grand Hotel?The Soho Grand Hotel is owned by Leonard N.Stein.
- Is Soho Grand Hotel located near the city center?Yes, Soho Grand Hotel is just 0.6 miles away from the center of New York City.
- Is Soho Grand Hotel near Washington Square Park?Yes, Soho Grand Hotel is just a 10-minute walk away from Washington Square Park.
- Does Soho Grand Hotel have a pool?No, the hotel doesn’t have a pool.
- How much is parking at Soho Grand Hotel?Parking at the hotel costs $65 per night.
- What are some of the property amenities at Soho Grand Hotel?The Soho Grand hotel boasts a restaurant, two bars, a spa, and a fitness center.
- Which popular attractions are close to Soho Grand Hotel?Nearby attractions include the Washington Square Park, the New York City Fire Museum, and the City Winery.
- Does Soho Grand Hotel have rooms with jacuzzi?No, rooms with jacuzzi are not available at Soho Grand Hotel.
- Which rooms at Soho Grand Hotel are renovated?The Soho King rooms and the Soho Grand Deluxe King have been recently renovated.
- Does Soho Grand Hotel have family rooms or interconnected rooms?Yes, the hotel has a number of interconnecting rooms that are available at request.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?Guests with disabilities are welcome at the Soho Grand Hotel. There are 22 wheel-chair accessible rooms.
- Pet-friendly?Yes, Soho Grand Hotel is a pet-friendly hotel.
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022