Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the room
- Room service
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Barber/beauty shop
- Safety deposit box
- Meeting/banquet facilities (additional charge)
- Business centre (additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (additional charge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Invoice provided
- Fitness centre
- Bicycle rental
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (additional charge)
- Ironing service (additional charge)
- Trouser press
- Daily housekeeping
- Secured parking
- Parking garage
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Toilet with grab rails
- Higher level toilet
- Lower bathroom sink
- 24-hour security
- Key access
- Key card access
- Security alarm
- Smoke alarms
A historic hotel that has delivered flawless service for its guests for more than a century, St. Regis New York is one of the most celebrated accommodations in New York. Conveniently sitting between Madison Avenue and Fifth Avenue, it allows you to explore easily popular tourist attractions and famous shopping districts. Its Beaux-Arts aesthetic is bound to appeal to anyone who is keen on glamorous holiday stays.
One of the most remarkable aspects of St. Regis New York is its exceptional location. Located just on 55th street in Midtown Manhattan, between prominent attraction-ridden streets, it offers the ideal location to explore multiple aspects of the city.
Aesthetes have the option of visiting The Museum of Modern Art, which is merely a short walk from the hotel. Rockefeller Center, a magnet for tourists from all over the world, is a seven-minute walk from St. Regis New York, similar to the grand and medieval St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
Additionally, St. Regis New York is near almost every designer store you can think of. Bergdorf Goodman is home to iconic designer brands like Brunello Cucinelli and Tom Ford, so it’s safe to say that shopping enthusiasts will greatly appreciate this location.
Style and Character
It’s easy to distinguish St. Regis New York from nearby buildings thanks to its Beaux-Arts style. A maroon drugget is elegantly placed on the entrance, making the guests of St. Regis New York feel like celebrities from the very beginning. The palatial lobby is a feast for the eyes, brimming with gold details and high-hanging artwork reminiscent of The Sistine Chapel.
The suites are as sophisticated and splendid as you might expect. Traditional Victorian touches, like the bed frame pattern and the crystal chandeliers, mash amazingly well with contemporary details sprinkled throughout the rooms. It will make you feel as if you’ve traveled back in time, yet you will have all modern commodities at your disposal.
Services and Facilities
Other than enjoying the benefits of exemplary service and the exceptionally welcoming and helpful staff, St. Regis New York is devoted to offering a myriad of other perks that will make your stay even more pleasant.
True to its royal character, St. Regis New York has an around-the-clock butler service where you can get help with anything from packing to getting dressed and ready to explore the Big Apple. Fitness junkies will be happy to know that there is a well-equipped gym on the property where you can get your daily endorphin boost. Feel like driving around in a glamorous limo? St. Regis New York offers limousine rentals as well.
Blending classic luxury with modern features, the opulent rooms and suites at St. Regis New York come with appealing amenities that will make your stay that much more special, like heated flooring, spacious beds, and glitzy Waterford chandeliers.
The suites come with commodious living room areas with marble fireplaces and velvety sofas. All bathrooms include a large hot tub and complimentary Laboratoire Remède toiletries. Each accommodation option is unique in terms of the color palette; in some suites, warm and earthy tones predominate, while others feature stunning touches of royal blue.
The most lavish accommodation options at St. Regis New York include the King Suite Regis and the Madison Double Suite.
Food and Drinks
The fabulous and historic King Cole Bar is thought to be the birthplace of Bloody Mary cocktails in the year 1934. This alone makes King Cole worthy of a visit, and the captivating interior decorated in a classical manner and its long-established history of movie appearances add further to its charm. And if that wasn’t enough, guests can book the legendary Table 55 – the only table with access to an exclusive chef’s custom-designed menu.
Astor Court, their signature in-house restaurant, is the place to go if you want a more traditional restaurant experience accompanied by an inviting ambiance. Committed to using locally-sourced and seasonal ingredients, it delivers fresh and delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Pop in during the weekends for a tasty brunch or book yourself a classic afternoon tea. The menu, among other dishes, includes traditional American meals, offering a culinary experience authentic to New York.
Value for Money
The rates for the rooms at St. Regis New York range from $1000 and $1200 per night, depending on whether you’re visiting during low or high season.
As far as the rates for the suites go, a night at St. Regis New York can cost anywhere between $1500 and $5000.
Since St. Regis New York has been operating for more than a century, it comes to no surprise that some of our favorite celebrities have stayed at this legendary hotel. Some of its most famous guests include Nikola Tesla, Salvador Dali, and Marilyn Monroe.
Who knows, maybe you’ll stay in the same suite as some of your idols or favorite celebrities?
- What is the closest airport to St. Regis New York?The nearest airport to St. Regis New York is the Massena International Airport.
- What kind of toiletries can I find at St. Regis New York?Each accommodation option at St. Regis New York features complimentary Laboratoire Remède toiletries.
- What popular attractions are close to St. Regis New York?Some popular attractions near St. Regis New York include St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and The Museum of Modern Art.
- What food and drink options are available at St. Regis New York?Guests have access to an in-house restaurant named Astor Court and a bar/lounge called King Cole Bar.
- Is parking available at St. Regis New York?Yes, guests have the option of choosing public and private parking.
- Can I exercise at St. Regis New York?Guests can exercise at the gym on the hotel’s property.
- Do the elevators at St. Regis New York work with key cards?Yes, the elevators at St. Regis New York operate with key cards.
- Is there a spa at St. Regis New York?Sadly, St. Regis New York doesn’t have a spa on its property.
- Does St. Regis New York offer an airport shuttle?Yes, you can book an airport shuttle at St. Regis New York.
- Is St. Regis New York close to The Museum of Modern Art?Yes, The Museum of Modern Art is within walking distance from St. Regis New York.
- Are Pets Allowed at St. Regis New York?Sadly, pets aren’t allowed at St. Regis New York.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?There are a couple of accessible rooms available at St. Regis New York.
- Is St. Regis New York Family-friendly?Yes, St. Regis New York is appropriate for families.
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022