Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the room
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Kid meals (additional charge)
- Room service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Family rooms
- Meeting/banquet facilities (additional charge)
- Business centre
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Tour desk
- Luggage storage
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Fitness centre
- Spa and wellness centre (additional charge)
- Massage (additional charge)
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (additional charge)
- Ironing service (additional charge)
- Trouser press (additional charge)
- Daily housekeeping
Entertainment and family services
- Indoor play area
- Secured parking
- Parking garage
- Wheelchair accessible
- Toilet with grab rails
- Higher level toilet
- Lower bathroom sink
- Emergency cord in bathroom
Pool and wellness
- Pool with view
- Heated pool
- Shallow end
- Sun loungers or beach chairs
- Swimming pool
- 24-hour security
- Key access
- Key card access
- Fire extinguishers
- Breakfast takeaway containers
Overlooking Lake Michigan and the Chicago River, Langham Chicago is in close proximity to Chicago’s main attractions including Millennium Park and North River Avenue. This five-star hotel is well-known for its impeccable service, sleek style, and decadent amenities. Designed by Richmond International, all rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows, Bauhaus-influenced furniture, marble bathrooms, and dressing parlors.
This 52-story riverfront AMA Plaza is set along the Chicago River. Perfect for those who want to explore the city on foot, The Langham Chicago is within walking distance from North Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park, and Chicago’s booming business district. The ultra-stylish North River district is a stone’s throw away. Here guests can enjoy a buzzing dining scene, trendy bars, and some of the best nightclubs in Chicago.
The hotel is 60 minutes away from Chicago O’Hare International Airport and 45 minutes away from Midway International Airport.
Style and Character
The Langham hotel is set in one of the last skyscrapers created by one of the most eminent architects in the 20th century – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. This 52-story tower of anodized aluminum and bronze-tinted glass blends perfectly in the swarm of the surrounding skyscrapers.
Mies’ signature minimalistic style is most evident in the marble lobby filled with brown glass installations which were created as a tribute to Mies by his architect grandson Dirk Lohan. All 316 rooms are designed by the London firm Richmond International, while the hotel’s sleek restaurant Travelle was decorated by David Rockwell. With floor-to-ceiling windows, wood and metal finishes, and minimalistic furniture, Travelle pays homage to Mies van der Rohe’s industrial-age aesthetic.
Services and Facilities
The Langham is well-known for its impeccable service and a team of staff that is ready to go the extra mile in ensuring that every guest’s wish is fulfilled. The butlers are “famed for their service with poise” and provide guests with numerous exclusive services such as logistics management, luggage repairs, and butler-drawn baths.
Located on the highest floor of the hotel, the Langham Club is a 4,000-square-foot space that features a lounge, the Langham club boardroom, and a Writer’s corner with a reading library and two computer stations. The award-winning Chuan spa features a salt stone sauna, oriental steam room, herbal sauna, hydro-vitality jacuzzi, heated relaxation loungers, and a swimming pool. Chuan Spa offers an oasis of tranquility where guests can relax and unwind. The hotel’s pool, surrounded by shimmering spotlights, boasts an elegant design and a heated hydrotherapy hot tub for some extra relaxation.
Generously sized and ultra-elegant, the rooms at the hotel feature a palette of neutral shades of cream with a violet accent. The deluxe rooms feature a king-size bed, handcrafted wood furnishings, soft beddings, and a luxurious all-marble five-piece bathroom equipped with a big soaking tub and a rainforest shower. Room amenities also include a 55-inch LCD HD-television, an oversized executive work desk, a Nespresso machine, and a fully-stocked private bar. Guests can use in-room dining services and 24-hour concierge services.
High-end travelers can book the Infinity suite which is one of the most luxurious retreats in Chicago. The suite boasts sublime views over the Chicago River and the city skyline and is equipped with a dining table for ten guests and a private butler pantry. The oversized living room features a fireplace, grand piano, salon desk, and bar counter.
Food and Drink
Located on the hotel’s second floor, Travelle offers an intriguing dining experience. Chef Ricardo Jarquin serves his delicacies in an ultra-luxurious setting designed by David Rockwell. Jarquin’s dishes represent a contemporary interpretation of upscale American cuisine. Some of the most popular dishes include Nigerian prawns, charred-tar, and New York strip steak. The restaurant also boasts a wine room with an elegant tasting table that wine enthusiasts will surely appreciate.
Lovely afternoon tea is served in the marble lobby every day. The bar at the hotel is one of the best spots in town for an intimate encounter. Late-night cocktails and wines are served in a luxurious setting with leather-sofas, patterned stone floor, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Chicago River.
This luxurious hotel took the top spot in the U.S. News & World Report 2017 Best Hotels list which ranks more than 3,000 five-star hotels within the United States. The Langham’s opulent offer and outstanding service seduce A-listers with a particular taste for design who want to enjoy privacy and tranquility. The hotel’s industrial-age aesthetic has inspired Christoper Nolan to shoot some “Dark Night” scenes at Langham. The main role was played by Christian Bale and he shot some exciting scenes at the hotel’s penthouse.
Value for Money
The rates start at $395 and can go up to $595 in the high season. Breakfast starts at $13. Club membership costs $130. Guests get complimentary breakfast, evening cocktails, all-day refreshments, and some exclusive services including butler service, one complimentary fitness class per day, and two-hour use of the Langham club boardroom.
- Which popular attractions are close to The Langham Chicago?The closest attractions to The Langham Chicago are the American Writers Museum and the Chicago River.
- Which room amenities are available at The Langham, Chicago?All rooms at the hotel are equipped with air conditioning, a flat TV screen, and a minibar.
- What are some of the property amenities at The Langham, Chicago?The hotel features a spa, pool, fitness center, and a restaurant.
- Are there opportunities to exercise at The Langham Chicago?Yes, guests have access to a swimming pool and a fitness center.
- Does The Langham Chicago offer any business services?Yes, the hotel features a business center, banquet rooms, and meeting rooms.
- Is parking available at The Langham Chicago?Yes, guests can use valet parking and paid private parking.
- Is there a safe in the hotel rooms at The Langham Chicago?Yes, every room has a safe.
- Are there any pool toys for kids at The Langham Chicago?Yes, the hotel has pool toys.
- Does The Langham Chicago offer butler services?Yes, club members at The Langham get butler service.
- Is there a pool at The Langham Chicago?Yes, the hotel features a 67-foot pool.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?Guests with disabilities are welcome at The Langham Chicago. The hotel has wheelchair-accessible rooms.
- Family-friendly?Yes, this is a family-friendly hotel
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022