Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the room
- Snack bar
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Room service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Barber/beauty shop
- Family rooms
- Meeting/banquet facilities (additional charge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- Currency exchange
- Tour desk
- Luggage storage
- Tennis court (additional charge)
- Sauna (additional charge)
- Fitness centre
- Golf course (within 3 km) (additional charge)
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor pool (all year)
- Outdoor furniture
Entertainment and family services
- Babysitting/child services (additional charge)
- Indoor play area
- Kids' outdoor play equipment
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (additional charge)
- Ironing service (additional charge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Accessible parking
Pool and wellness
- Infinity pool
- Pool with view
- Heated pool
- Sun loungers or beach chairs
- Sun umbrellas
- 24-hour security
- Key card access
- Smoke alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Breakfast takeaway containers
Nestled in a secluded enclave on the South Coast of Tenerife, the Ritz Carlton Abama offers guests comfort, serenity, and intimacy. Seven swimming pools, a golf course, a tennis court, and an excellent selection of restaurants – guests have plenty to do in this gigantic resort. With 800 staff members, a stylish interior design inspired by the Moorish architecture, and an award-winning spa, the Ritz Carlton Abama is the perfect spot to spend your precious vacation days.
Located in Tenerife’s southwest coast, the Ritz Carlton resort overlooks the beautiful island of Gomera and the Atlantic Ocean. The resort is nestled in the isolated enclave of Guia de Isora and is only 10 minutes away from the charming village Playa San Juan. Playa de Abama is also a stone’s throw away from the hotel, and guests can visit Mount Teide volcano, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is only a 1-hour drive away.
Guests who want to explore the mesmerizing Tenerife islands can rent a car and head to the historical towns of La Orotava, La Laguna, and Garachio, which are an hour away from the hotel.
You’ll be glad to know that the resort is only a 30-minute drive away from the Tenerife South Airport.
Style and Character
Set on the side of a volcano, the Ritz-Carlton Abama blends perfectly with the natural surroundings. This coral-colored gigantic property represents the perfect mix of Moorish details, Hispanic Style, and contemporary design. The palm-tree lined entrance leads to a marble floor lobby where a butler welcomes every guest who arrives. With its grand terraces, vast staircases, palm-tree-lined walkways, and hidden enclaves, the Ritz Carlton Abama is a world of its own.
The seven pools are spread throughout this colossal resort that also boasts a golf course. Guests can take a walk in the numerous lush gardens filled with rare flowers, banana trees, and palms, and marvel at the beautiful foliage which makes the gardens seem like small pieces of paradise. The resort’s pink palace is so vast that it resembles a small city and can be spotted from miles away.
Services and Facilities
Once you enter this gorgeous resort, you may never want to leave. The hotel has direct access to a private beach and 7 pools that span various locations on the property. There’s also an adults-only pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
Designed by Ryder Cup, the resort’s 18-hole championship golf course provides guests with the opportunity to master their game while being surrounded by the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean. What’s more, the hotel boasts 10 restaurants, each specializing in a different cuisine. Italian, Spanish, Japanese cuisine, or ocean-inspired dishes, whatever you choose you won’t make a mistake as the resort was awarded for Best Gastronomy Hotel numerous times.
Take a traditional abama ritual at the luxurious spa and feel the rejuvenation. The spa features a secluded sand cove equipped with sun loungers accessible only by a glass funicular or the resort’s train. The hotel also boasts the largest Ritz Kids club in Europe where kids are entertained with a number of fun activities. In addition, the resort has around 800 staff members that are entirely devoted to fulfilling every guest’s needs.
The Ritz Carlton Abama offers 459 guest rooms and villas all equipped with over-the-top amenities. A mix of modern luxury accommodation and a touch of classic Spanish decor is what sets the interior design of this resort apart. Decorated with neutral shades and Moroccan-esque lights, the standard villa suites have an expansive king bedroom with panoramic ocean views, a separate living area, lounge and dining room, and a spacious marble bathroom with an oversized soaking tub. All guest rooms and villas at the resort are equipped with air-conditioning, flat TV screens, free WI-fi, docking stations, Nespresso machines, and a minibar.
For some extra comfort, you can book The Imperial Suite which has a heated swimming pool overlooking Mount Teide and the Atlantic Ocean. And if you stay at The Ritz-Carlton Suite and The Imperial Suite, you’ll even get a 24/7 butler service for your convenience.
Food and Drink
The Abama Kabuki restaurant holds one Michelin Star and specializes in Japanese cuisine. The restaurant is located at the resort’s rooftop and offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. Try salmon flamed with brown sugar or discover a special selection of sushi made by Kabuki’s Chef – David Rivero, whatever you choose you won’t be disappointed.
Inspired by North African architecture, El Mirador serves ocean-inspired dishes on a vast terrace facing the beautiful island La Gomera. The perfect way to end the evening is to order a seafood salad with some oysters.
Watch the sun slowly dip into the horizon while you drink a tropical cocktail at the oceanfront Beach Club where light meals and drinks are served all throughout the night.
The secluded location of the Ritz-Carlton Abama has attracted a number of big-shots looking for privacy. The resort is particularly popular among sportsmen that want to engage in outdoor activities even on their vacation. The soccer player Gary Lineker and the tennis player Greg Rusedski have been spotted at the resort.
Value for Money
The prices at the Ritz-Carlton Abama fit the resort’s luxurious offer. Double rooms start at €265 and can go up to €575 in high season. Breakfast is included in the price.
- Which popular attractions are close to The Ritz-Carlton, Abama?The closest attractions near the Ritz-Carlton Abama are Playa de Abama and Tenerife Perla.
- Does the Ritz-Carlton Abama have a kid’s club?Yes, the Ritz-Carlton Abama has a kid’s club which is open every day.
- Does the Ritz-Carlton Abama hotel have a heated swimming pool?The hotel features seven pools, some of which are heated.
- Are there opportunities to exercise at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama?Yes, guests have access to a tennis court, golf course, fitness center, and seven swimming pools.
- Is parking available at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama?Yes, guests can use valet and free parking.
- Does the Ritz-Carlton Abama offer a buffet for dinner?The Ritz-Carlton Abama offers a buffet for breakfast. The restaurants offer a la carte menu for dinner.
- Does The Ritz-Carlton, Abama have an airport shuttle?Yes, the Ritz-Carlton Abama provides guests with an airport shuttle.
- Does The Ritz-Carlton, Abama offer any business services?Yes, the hotel has meeting rooms, banquet rooms, and a business center.
- Which languages are spoken by the staff at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama?The staff at the resort is fluent in English, Italian, German, Rusian, Portuguese, and French.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?Guests with disabilities are welcomed at the Ritz-Carlton Abama. The hotel has adapted rooms, lift access to the spa, and all entrances are wheelchair accessible.
- Family-friendly?Yes, the hotel has the largest Kid’s club in Europe which is designed by the famous environmentalist Jean-Michel Cousteau. The kid’s club has numerous outdoor and educational activities for children aged between 4 and 12. All restaurants at the resort have a kids menu and the resort has recently opened a teenage hub where teenagers can enjoy arcade games, an 8-ball pool, and numerous fun workshops.
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022