One of the most striking things about Saffire Freycinet is its location. It’s located near the Freycinet National Park, near Wineglass Bay, overlooking the marvelous Hazards Mountains. It truly can’t get any better than that. If you’re looking for an escape from the hazardous city life and want to wake up in splendor while listening to birds singing and waves crashing ashore, then Saffire Freycinet is the perfect option for you.
Style and Character
Designed by Liminal Studio, Saffire Freycinet is built in an airy, glamorous, sophisticated, yet beachy style, which is something most of us are looking for in an Australian accommodation. The suites are open and bright, with a neutral color palette that has a touch of warm tones. Wood is the key element in Saffire Freycinet’s architecture, which gives the whole place an extremely pleasant, earthy vibe, in congruence with the surrounding scenery.
The outside of the resort is built in a modern style, one that’s often thought to resemble a spaceship (but in a good way). The glass expanse overlooking the bay is a favorite spot among guests. One thing is certain – whether you’re enjoying a fabulous dinner after a long day or waking up first thing in the morning in your suite, Saffire Freycinet guarantees spectacular views wherever you go.
Services and Facilities
The staff at Saffire Freycinet takes their guest’s desires and needs extremely seriously, so anything you need will be provided for you. With that said, there are so many services and facilities available already that it’s not likely that you’ll have even a second to twiddle your thumbs. Apart from the standard facilities like a gym and a spa, you can book yourself one of the many daily activities and excursions like hiking, cooking classes, and boat trips.
When staying at the Saffire Freycinet, you can choose between three accommodation options: the Private Pavilions, the Signature Suites, and the Luxury Suites.
The Private Pavilions are the most capacious option out of the three. With a separate bathroom that features an enormous bath, a walk-in shower, and a dining area situated in front of large windows that offer stunning views, you can rest assured knowing you will be comfortable and well taken care of. The private courtyard comes with a plunge pool where you can get the perfect tan while you’re sipping on a refreshing cocktail.
The Signature Suites come with all the amenities you can find in the Luxury Suites with the addition of a gorgeous view of the Great Oyster Bay from the bathroom.
The Luxury Suites really do stay true to their name. With bright and chic rooms furnished with Tasmanian timbers, an outdoor deck where you can enjoy your morning cup of coffee, and the astounding views to accompany it, relaxation is certainly guaranteed.
Food and Drink
This deluxe accommodation will give you the ultimate culinary experience in addition to ensuring that you are spoiled in every way during your stay at the hotel. There are a lounge and a restaurant on the premises, and we’d highly recommend you visit both. The food and wine served at Saffire Freycinet are produced right down the road, resulting in fresh and tasty, not to mention locally-sourced, meals every day of the year.
Tasmanian Executive Chef Iain Todd who is exceptionally talented and passionate about utilizing the best produce Tasmania has to offer will take care of your cravings once you’re there, so it’s safe to say you’ll be in good hands.
Saffire Freycinet is known for its spectacular local wine grown just over the hill, so make sure you try a glass or two while you’re there. A quick tip: order a glass of cold wine in time for a picturesque Australian sunset for the ultimate photo opp.
Value for Money
When considering the price of this accommodation, keep in mind that it’s subject to change depending on what time of year you come to visit. The private pavilions will cost you from $2800 AUD, the signature suites start from $2400 AUD per night, while you can book the luxury suites from $2100 AUD per night.
It’s hard to specify the number of celebrities who have stayed at Saffire Freycinet since they most likely choose this resort in order to remain low-key.
With that said, one celebrity that’s been spotted at this resort which we can confirm is the popular musician Sting.
- Is there a gym at Saffire Freycinet?Yes, there is a fitness center located on the premises of Saffire Freycinet.
- What cleaning services are offered at the Saffire Freycinet?Dry cleaning and laundry service are available for the guests.
- Does Saffire Freycinet have an airport shuttle?Yes, there’s an airport shuttle available to every Saffire Freycinet guest.
- Is parking available at Saffire Freycinet resort?Yes, parking is available at Saffire Freycinet and it’s free.
- Are there any packages available at Saffire Freycinet?There are plenty of packages available on their website, such as the Maria Island Walk and Saffire and the Stay 4, Pay 3 package.
- What time is check-in at the Saffire Freycinet?Check-in begins at 2 pm.
- Can children stay in the same room along with their parents at Saffire Freycinet?Yes, children can stay in the same room as their parents.
- Is there a conference room at Saffire Freycinet?There is a conference room available at the Saffire Freycinet.
- Are there any guided tours and activities available for guests who are staying at Saffire Freycinet?Yes, there are plenty of guided tours and activities guests can try out while they’re staying at Saffire Freycinet including hiking, boat tours, and island tours.
- Is Saffire Freycinet Family-Friendly?Yes, Saffire Freycinet is a family-friendly resort.
- Access for Guests with Disabilities?There is one suite that’s fully accessible at Saffire Freycinet. Additionally, there are access bathrooms in common resort areas.
Review by Luxury Family
A family of 4; mum, dad, 1 month old and 5-year-old daughter. We struggled to find luxury travel to accommodate our little family. So we decided to start documenting our hotel visits.
Updated Jul 17, 2022